I received a nomination for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award from Ricardo at Film Photography is not Dead.
I am learning about virtual communities and their formation. It is about learning and not predetermined outcomes.
Virtual communities emphasize reciprocal practices which include a sense of trust that someone views and validates our contributions. We measure practices with followers, likes, and regular comments which resemble conversations. Since July 14, 2012, this blog went from 500 to 1000 likes, gained 75 followers, and has daily, running commentary.
We are involved and remained in virtual communities as a result of an ethic of relationship and this makes returning a conscious choice and mindful. Active participation is receiving and giving gifts thus has emotional and personal components.
An aspect of my gratitude is the face-to-face conversations Kathy and I have. She contributes to all the posts in many ways: takes pictures, edits, and questions purpose in a post. I am grateful to her and others who valorize what I am doing each day.
The rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award image to your page
- Tell seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs
- Let them know they are nominated
1. Thank you Ricardo for nominating me, it’s an honour and privilege. Check out his blog called Film Photography is not Dead for insightful ideas about photography and great pictures.
3. 7 facts about me
- I love nature.
- I am a collector of many things.
- I am a very nervous flyer.
- I am completing a PhD in Leadership Studies.
- I love brewed ice tea.
- I listen to the Old Radio Shows.
- My favourite fictional genre is westerns.
4. This section is challenging. I follow many blogs and feel guilty each time I do this, because I know I miss some great blogs.
My nominated blogs: