A Space for All Stories

It was a long week and I am not sure, in my tiredness, where this poem came from, but it appeared on the horizon. I thought I would try to let it write itself.

Listen–

Stories seek space

A space where they come to life

A space to speak their words.

Listen deeply–

Some stories

Of those oppressed

Remain unheard.

Listen with your heart–

Lean into those words,

Give those voices life

Join them with yours.

1. This is powerful and lovely. Thank you!

2. This is very beautiful, words of simplicity and power, and so deeply felt.

3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. well felt out and into words… thank you!

4. This is a wonderful expression of a truth, Ivon. I’ve always believed that stories seek us out. We just have to be open and expressive.

5. Ivon, this reads as gently as a summer’s rain … simply beautiful. so glad to have found your blog!

6. deeply felt words..the oppressed always want to be heard..very true..

7. Beautiful. I believe that the universe in all its expansiveness is trying to remind us as to the importance of having adequate space. Space between messages. Stories. Thoughts. Heartbeats. Breaths. Ideas. Activities. And more.

Russ