Stay Human My Friends

I ready for my Sabbath break. Yesterday morning, this Bizarro cartoon was in my blog reader. Todd’s posts are short and provocative, so the link is to his site for those who have not been there before. He gives me pause to think.

I shared this cartoon with a circle of acquaintance. We discussed the Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements for an adult beverage. I am an abstainer so the ads are humourous, but there is no chance I will buy the product.

What about a broader message? Instead of closing with “Stay Thirsty My Friends” or “Stay Filthy My Friend”, we could say, “Stay Human my Friends”?

Thich Nhat Hanh reminds me, “find the ordinary in the extraordinary.” I often miss those things which make me most alive and human. I find, in the ordinary so often missed, the extraordinary and live a mindful life.

Stay human my friends

Be one with the universe

Be compassionate.

1. Such a simple phrase – but weighty!

2. Stay human, it’s what binds us.

3. The simple ones are the best.

4. Yes, ‘stay human, my friends’, sounds like a good blessing.

5. Interesting as always. Not quite the greeting one would expect from a dry cleaner, but then we are living in different times and would not be surprised to hear that one day.

6. Because your observations of this world provoke deep thought and inspiration, I wish to nominate you for “One Lovely Blog Award” Thank you for being a great teacher to all! xo

7. Bizarro is awesome. It’s one of two things I usually read in the paper! ;)