My Status Quo

Is it a full moon tonight? The classroom and beyond was full of energy and it was not always healthy. I was a little frustrated and visibly annoyed part way through the afternoon. I taught one more year and wanted to teach these students so it hurts when they are disrespectful. On the way home I realized I need to set the pace. My ability to influence is my ability to shake up my status quo and walk into the fire so to speak. I chose to have a dog in this fight so what am I going to do. Even weeds of a tough day have purpose. They fertilize and increase the yield of a crop: children’s learning. This is not lost on me.

transformation–

my status quo defenseless;

an ongoing quest

seek a vision

unearth the true self

one digs deep

rest in sureness of the heart.

transform–

polish the gems of self

right speech! right action!

be confident

challenge my status quo,

influence others seriously

your time has arrived.

1. Lovely, Ivon, absolutely lovely! The full moon is tomorrow night. I knew it was coming last night because I can never sleep when a full moon is is near ;-)

2. I have to tell you that I admire anyone that can take a roomful of students and teach them it has to be one of the hardest professions to belong to, each individual is just that an individual and to have the patience, ability, love of teaching and children on that individual basis, to continue on year after year amazes me. so though the full moon may frustrate , excite, or wane; what you are doing for the education of the young is to be applauded. thank you!

3. I am learning more and more what a wonderful teacher you are. I will bet your students will look back and count you as one of the best.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

4. This a wonderful poem. I’m glad you were able to recharge and find the inner strength to continue on your teaching quest.

5. I absolutely love it.
    Thanks Ivon.

All best,
    mei

6. Awesome and very Beautiful, thank you for sharing your gifts with us!

7. Hey there, I have an award for you over at my place Blogger of The Year 2012 Award here’s the link→ http://nackynice.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/its-your-time-to-shine-blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ Congratulations!

8. Love what you’re about Ivon!!!

9. May you have success. May you find students who have respect for that which you wish to share with them… respect is one of the keys to understanding…

10. Very appreciable. Education is an experience and you have taken the determination to be Teacher which is a very respectable and honourable Status Quo.
    May your students shall grade you as the Best and renowned Teacher.
    Blessed Indeed.

11. You have a tough job, Ivon, but these things, as you say, challenge us. They force us to dig even deeper than ever and find our own strength. Good luck with it.

12. I have nominated you for the Blog of the Year 2012.Please see the rules at my post :

13. Even weeds of a tough day have a purpose…so true Ivon!