Medicine Wheel

Medicine wheels are part of many First Nations’ cultures. They serve to connect people to the environment and reflect our interdependence with nature and each other. They signal the need for balance required in our lives and ground us with and in our world. I took the picture on Bowen Island and began to write the poem.

I feel welcomed–

Refresh with its water–

Breathe its sweet air–

Let the earth ground–

Replenish here;

No magic–

Only magical.

1. Beautiful about the interconnectedness of everything. So important to remember and wonderful to experience. Thanks!

2. Awesome Ivon

Sent from my iPhone

3. I have heard of them but have never seen a medicine wheel. I like the photo and words.

4. Our group of friends here in Gold Beach, Oregon made our Medicine Wheel 18 months ago for a Summer Solstice Celebration – every time we meet there is gets more and more powerful. Another friend of mine has his own Medicine Wheel in his yard – not a lot of stones, but each one a friend of his… Lovely words and beautiful Picture, Ivon! Thanks!

5. This is a wonderful post, Ivon. I want to thank you so much for all your support this WEGO Health blog month. Thank you for your ‘likes’ on Facebook, and for the ones on my blog site too. I really appreciate the love of all of you and I will remember to pay forward the same respect for others.The Bodhisattva prayer that I dedicated to my readers means a lot to me, and it reminded me of people like yourself. It also kind of fits with healing power of the Medicine Wheel, and your words above about being connected to All. An apt post today. Lots of love and much appreciation, Ivon.

6. a definite mystical magical force in this place, and a center of power, being one. all is one. thank you. j.k.

7. Hi, Ivan. I really enjoy your blog! I just nominated you for “The Most Inspiring Blog Award.” To accept this award, simply go to this link http://4writersandreaders.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/very-inspiring-blogger-award/ and follow directions. You are inspiring! Bette A. Stevens

8. Magical indeed! We are returning to the power and wisdom of energetic “medicine”, when healing through vibratory interconnection, the healer and healed are no more… just healing remains. Please keep writing poetry, one love my friend.

9. Medicine wheels of the Native American reminds me of some of the megalithic structures and images of ancient Europe.

10. WordsFallFromMyEyes

Beautiful. And interesting. I’ve never heard of a medicine wheel.