Stranded

I was not sure I had a poem today. It is a bit hectic with parent-teacher interviews, but this morning I had an email waiting and saw a path. I am not sure about the title, but here goes.

The last few days I have watched a friend struggle with being involved in something she is very passionate about. As I watch, I see her struggling. Her contributions are simply expected and thus unappreciated. Often, I think, we feel this way and believe we are alone in our struggles. Me experience points to another truth. We need to look up and across, open our minds and hearts and discover there are others who we can lean on.

Stranded–

Extend welcoming arms;

Proffer capable hands;

Share construction–

Bridge open water,

Calm perilous seas–

You are not alone

Others await your company.

1. this is so wonderful!! I especially like :
    Extend welcoming arms;

Proffer capable hands;
    Share construction–
    Bridge open water,
    Calm perilous seas–
    You are not alone
    Others await your company.

2. Sometimes, it is very difficult not to feel alone. It is very difficult to feel past disappointment and expectation. But, we must. if we are to keep our souls intact. Lovely poem, as usual.

3. Beautiful in its inspiration. We are indeed never alone. This planet is filled with loving souls — we just have to open our hearts, overcome our fears, and let them touch us…

4. Haha – I had a professor once who could hardly believe I used the verb “proffer.” He thought it archaic and wonderful! I’ll pass that compliment on to you, Ivon.

5. nothing hurts more than the situation when your labour is taken for granted i guess!

very beautiful poem.

6. Excellent Inspirational.

7. This spoke to me as well as settled me
    I can not wait till my 10 day silent retreat to learn new tools
    Thanks Ivon
    Eunice

8. Thank you Ivon, this is a beautiful poem. I guess it’s one reason so many people blog. We are encouraged when we have others who enjoy what we offer. Blessings, Marsha :)

9. I really like this one, Ivon. Especially the last two lines. A powerful and wise message in few words!

Russ