Fueled

I thought I was ready to get into the swing of things after Christmas break, but I recovering from the blight of the time of the year-the flu. I feel better today, but took it pretty easy the last couple of days. I think tomorrow will be a transition day and the break ends on Wednesday.

I spent time in reflection, as best as that happen when medicated, and considered how rarely the small things in life, that make it incredible, are uplifted. I applaud human endeavours, and some of them are worthy, but forget the triumph of the unobservable. Marcie Hans provided this wonderful poem that shines a light on this dilemma.

Fueled
by a million
man-made
wings of fire-
the rocket tore a tunnel
through the sky-
and everybody cheered.
Fueled
only by a thought from God-
the seedling
urged its way
through thicknesses of black-
and as it pierced
the heavy ceiling of the soil-
and launched itself
up into outer space -
one
even
clapped.
–Marcie Hans

1. Glad you are feeling better. The new plant growing in the sun is bringing hope for an early spring, and garden.

2. Wonderfully motivating picture and thoughts for the new year. The flu has been bad this year, hope you are fully on the mend.

Elisa

3. Glad to hear you feel better. Flu has been seriously bad this year…

4. Wishing you a swift recovery!

5. Beautiful post Ivon and poem, the poem is even nice to look at from a visual! Thank you for sharing it my friend!

6. That flu is nasty – glad that you are on the mend!

7. melanietoulouse

Wonderful post and poem… Happy new year, stay healthy and good luck in all your endeavours! My very best for 2013!
    – – –
    You have a French name… :-) Greetings from Toulouse, France!

• Bonne chance Melanie et merci. My first language was French. I don’t speak it as much any more, but, when I travel to Quebec (we live in Western Canada), I find it comes back quickly.

• melanietoulouse

Wow, your first language was French! French is my 3rd one, I’m serious. I used to live in Houston, TX(NASA-area) for 5 years and we have US friends of Québec origin: Bolduc is their name! I’ve been to Canada several times, my favourite province is British Columbia… :-) It seems that I have a Canadian accent in English!
        A super-cool and an awesome pastor we met in Houston, TX moved out to Spokane several years ago, his name is Craig Goodwin. French friends plan to retire in Québec this year… excellent choice! :-) Bonne santé & amitiés toulousaines.

• The world shrinks. We live in Alberta, but both have family in British Columbia. I travel to Spokane each summer to study for my doctorate. I am stalled at two languages and have to work at French although it comes back.

8. So sorry you were sick. :( Glad to hear you’re feeling better though! :) Take it easy and I like your reflection of how medicated minds can work. lol!

9. Ha, the poem is a marvel. What a thought-provoking one! Thank you for sharing, Ian, and I hope you are getting much better soon. :-)

Subhan Zein

10. No one claps for nature, for everyone takes it for normal .The nature does incredible feats, like lifting the earth and discovering strength to defeat death and embrace life, is what nature is about..learn from nature one lesson, be alive and ready to survive, heavier maybe the burden called life, but build a strength that has hope as it’s life.

11. Get well–the flu seems to be hitting a lot of people this year.

12. Excellent. Poem. All the Best.

13. What a wonderful poem that you are sharing, here, Ivon. Thank you!

Please continue to take good care of yourself and have a good recovery!

14. Great observation! Perhaps there are simply so many such miracles all around us every day that the miraculous appears as commonplace and unseen as water does to a fish–until it is removed fom the water.
    Russ

15. Wonderful… flu gives one time to meditate

16. Ivon. Hoping you’re back to health. I have been perusing the pics you have taken around Edmonton and Northern Alberta. Great shots. Thank you.
    I travel up to see my daughter in Beaumont every week or so usually during the day. One day during the very cold snap we had it was just as the sun was setting and the light shining through the frost covered trees left a sparkle as though they were decorated for the Christmas season. I am always leaving my camera behind. I’m sure you have seen this also, any pics?

• I tried a couple of times and I must tell you it is tricky. By the time I got pulled over and set up, the sun had shifted enough to lose the shot. It is so different in the shorter days of winter than in the summer. Kathy and I took pictures just outside of Waterton Lake National Park last summer and were able to take several with little change. I will keep trying and hopefully I will get one of those great shots.

Thank you so much for commenting and visiting.

17. Happy to see you’re well enough to drop by. Take care.

18. Ivon-I tried Mucinex this time for my 2nd bout with the flu this year. It seemed to help me but, I also stayed in bed, drank fluids and actually didn’t exercise each day. I think your supposed to change just one variable when you experiment.

Well-you wrote a wonderful poem so, something good came out of the flu-time!