Yesterday, was a great day. We hung out, but, when I checked email, I found one that made my day. I submitted an article for publication several months ago and received notification yesterday it is going to be published. I am not sure of details such as the when, but, because it is peer-reviewed, it is important for my scholarly journey.

Yesterday, a radio interview I did several months ago as part of a series about servant-leadership, mindfulness, and their potential in education was broadcast. The interview is at Blog Radio. It is long, so do not feel obligated.

Sylvia Chidi wrote this poem about a word I occasionally forget to use, thank you. She described it as “a simple word that feels new.” When I wrote the article, it was a particularly difficult process, but many encouraged me and more will I am sure as I move forward. Kathy was essential to the process. She edits my work, but the article was in such disarray, I had to use a professional editor for the first time. Those advising me kept telling me I needed a softer voice in the article. I was not happy with all that, but the feedback received from the reviewers suggests a softer voice and professional help worked. I am grateful and it moves me along the road.

For all those who have encouraged me and those who are yet to.

A simple word that still feels new

All I want to hear from you is

All I want to say to you is
A simple word that still feels new

Thank you for been there in the morning
Thank you for believing in me.

1. Congratulations! As you know, Ivon, what goes around often comes back around. You give A LOT. You deserve a lot–of joy, comfort, support. THANK YOU

2. Congratulations Ivon.

As I’ve just started following your blog, also want to say how much I’m enjoying it. Writing used to be easy for me in my youth, but not so easy now (with chronic health problems affecting my cognitive function intermittently), but at least I still get the pleasure of reading other people’s words.

• I am glad you have enjoy following and reading my blog Victoria. I only recently found my way back to the poetry and creative, reflective writing. I used to do it years ago and am glad I found my way back. I appreciate the wonderful followership that has emerged.

3. I am sincerely happy for you. As a sensitive and intelligent, giving person the Universe has decided to respond in kind. Bravo Ivon.

4. Here is another set of words with the same affect, ‘you’re welcome’! Congrats in the notice of publication, that’s wonderful. Happy Easter Ivon. God bless you and yours. Sheri

5. Congratulations, Ivon. You have much to share with this world – may this be but a drop in a bucket filled to overflowing, poured out on our behalf!

6. Congratulations Ivon. I’m very happy for you. Best of luck in this journey. Dave

7. Interesting interview! Thanks for sharing.

8. Congratulations on your wonderful news!

9. Thank you,Ivon, and congratulations too

10. Congratulations, Ivon! May we all learn, with grace, how to be thankful people.

11. A lovely post and congratulations, Ivon.

12. Congratulations! This us wonderful news and I am so pleased for you :) Wishing you a fantastic Easter!

13. Well deserved congratulations Ivon..and thank you.

14. Congratulations. I am very very Happy. You are Most Deserved.
    May God Bless You in all your en devours..
    ALL THE BEST.

15. Congratulations on those outcomes. It is a great feeling to be rewarded with positive results from creative effort.

16. Congratulations Ivon. Hope you and Kathy have a beautiful Easter. Thank you for the wisdom that you share.

17. Ivon..this is a wonderful achievement in terms of what you desired and what you got.This simple fact stands out because when you have achieved something that your heart desires,the joy thereof gets doubled.Heartiest congratulations and all the very best for your future..!

18. Thank you! Thank you!

19. Thank you for reading Victorian Romance, I enjoy all of your work and am looking for time to go back into your past file! beebeesworld

20. It IS nice to know you have been noticed! beebeesworld

21. Congratulations on the publication! And this is a wonderful post as too often we all forget that those two simple words can mean the world to someone who has given us even the smallest of help or support. Thank You for sharing. Add Thank You for liking my post recent post ‘Word a Week Challenge – Colour’ :) Your continued SUPPORT is greatly appreciated!

22. JK Bevill - Lost Creek Publishing

Reblogged this on lost creek publishing.

23. Pingback: Thank You, A Simple Word | SpeedDemon2

24. Congratulations Ivon – the start of even bigger things to come I’m sure!

25. Yes! Thank you for this post! I agree that most of my problems begin when I skip this step. Here in Korea, the pronunciation of the English words, Thank you, is especially heartwarming …softer, ending in a whisper. I was thinking too that is sounds new! Thanks!

26. Last week. A writer on Writer’s cafe asked me. Why do I thank writer’s. I told him. Good to show gratitude to another for allowing you to read their work. I like the poem. Good manners make the world a better place. Thank you for the excellent thoughts and blog.

• We never know when a kind word means something to the other. I recently had a former student who struggled in school and in life thank me for believing in him. He needed to hear words that gave him hope. Thank you for the beautiful story John.

27. jalal michael sabbagh.http://gravatar.com/jmsabbagh86@gmail.com

Congratulation ,you deserve the best my friend.Thank you for your support and engorgement .Thank you magical two words. jalal

28. Thanks for reading my Earth Day Article. I look forward to your work as well. beebeesworld

29. Thank you for your friendship.