Prayer

I had not heard of the poet, Clarissa Pinkola Estés, until a couple of days ago. I found her work and it is inspiring.

Expanding horizons is part of life. We cannot experience or know what is outside the horizons. Moving towards new horizons is an act of faith drawing people towards something in life. Life, in this sense, is a constant prayer, a listening event about what is important and seeking it out.

A Prayer
Refuse to fall down
If you cannot refuse to fall down,
refuse to stay down.
If you cannot refuse to stay down,
lift your heart toward heaven,
and like a hungry beggar,
ask that it be filled.
You may be pushed down.
You may be kept from rising.
But no one can keep you from lifting your heart
toward heaven
only you.
It is in the middle of misery
that so much becomes clear.
The one who says nothing good
came of this,
is not yet listening.

1. I love the sentiment that life is a constant prayer, a listening event. Thank you also for sharing the wonderful, inspiring poem.

2. Love Clarissa’s work. Great stuff.

3. Great post, and thank you for the reblog. Ann

4. Excellent. Blessings, Natalie :)

5. Thank you for this introduction Ivon – and the final words to be heeded “the one who says nothing good came of this, is not yet listening”. I heard.

6. Lovely, Ivon. Her work is powerful. Glad you have found her. I read one of her books years ago. Wonderful.

7. She is a wonderful writer, poet, and voice for many. Glad you discovered her, she is a gem. Thank you for sharing.

8. Wow! I had not heard of her either. Amazing poem and it relates directly to the theme of my blog. I will reblog this. Thanks for sharing your discovery.

9. Reblogged this on What a Heart Can Hold – visit my website at http://www.icallmyselfearthgirl.com and commented:
    Since my blog’s name is inspired by all that a heart can hold, it is not surprising that I was awestruck by this beautiful poem.

10. oooOOOO. wonderful echo of where my mind is at–just said a hundred times more beautifully. :) Gorgeous, and thank you for sharing, I am going to follow this lady’s blog. :)