O Slave, Liberate Yourself.

The second stanza drew me into Kabir‘s poem. We search for homes throughout life. It is right there embedded in each moment. When I am awake in each moment, the search is easier. I become aware and attentive sensing each moment’s  transience.

When we let go and stop grasping, we are released from slavery and tyranny chasing tails and tales. When we fail and chase, the feeling enslaves us and it is worse than death. Living each moment is the antidote to this feeling and is liberating.

O Slave, liberate yourself.

Where are you, and where’s your home,
find it in your lifetime, man.

If you fail to wake up now,
you’ll be helpless when the end comes.

Says Kabir, listen, O wise one,
the siege of Death is hard to withstand.

1. short, to the point, yet quite profound

2. freedom
    ~
    in
    this
    moment

3. what we resist, persists! eve

4. I just read this after posting a poem I had written almost a year ago. The theme is very similar. I like your approach. Hope you have a beautiful Sunday!

5. I read this yesterday and again today. To me it tells the story to live within our means and be happy and joyful yet never closes the door for one to build a future while loving the day one is in.

6. the siege of Death is hard to withstand

It is not merely hard but impossible. I still intend to resist the siege, however.