Poetry Beckons

As I drove to work this morning, I reflected on the comments shared on the post I Dwell in Possibility. The car is a tough place to write and I hurriedly got into the classroom and pulled my notebook out. I sat with the reflections during the day as they bubbled near the surface. Writing poetry is a space I needed and find comfort in as the school year unfolded. I find solace in the poetry and the unlikely moments it beckons.

in unlikely moments,

poetry beckons–

pulls me to her side–

she is a different lover–

no carnal, siren calls,

a modest, unobtrusive presence,

a compassionate companion whispers,

come hither friend–

sit, reflect–

here, realize refuge–

close your eyes

open your heart

observe,

pause,

discern an inaudible voice

ask, what moves the soul

animates a weary spirit,

urges the writer on,

words find paper.

I am a retired educator who is currently completing a PhD. Prior to teaching, I worked in private industry for 15 years and returned to university to earn my education degree. For the last 17 years I taught, I was a teacher in a unique, progressive, alternative educational school of choice. Currently, I am engaged in a doctoral program at Gonzaga University in Spokane. My dissertation topic is how teachers experience becoming who they are as teachers, as human subjects.

1. That was a wonderful share of words sir.

2. Well said. I’m not a writer, but I understand the urgent need to write down a thought that, “bubble near the surface.”

3. nice and beautiful………..

4. Hi you have a fantastic weblog over here! Thanks for posting this interesting stuff for us! If you keep up this good work I’ll visit your weblog again. Thanks!

5. Beautiful thoughts put in words. May I call it manoyajnam — manosiddhi.
    Spoken word had in it the lust re and the strength to pierce through the limitations of time and distance and spreads far and wide even to the remotest of recesses.of the readers.

6. I love your poem, and the way you craft your message. Bravo!
    Russ

7. JK Bevill - Lost Creek Publishing

Reblogged this on lost creek publishing.