Silence

I posted the wonderful poem Daybreak last night and I was reminded of the need for silence as I wrote. Community members added a rich tapestry about the need for silence and the role it plays in life.

It was pretty quiet today and I felt at peace with where I am at and who I am today. I realized I have not written poetry nearly as much recently and found myself drawn to the words I used last night in the preamble.

Silence–

Listen–

Stillness welcomes.

Refreshed–

I rise,

I grow,

I create.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. “Silence…. Hear like never before” ,,,, Nice!

2. And I appreciate what you create, my friend!
    Russ

3. beautiful Ivon! MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!

4. You’ve just described me from 4-6 a.m.

5. This is fabulous. I really enjoyed it. Humbly, i’d like to share my poem on silence with you. You can see at at this link: http://dlmchale.com/2012/09/21/silence/

• Thank you. It is a beautiful poem and reminded me of Thomas Merton’s description of violence as the busyness in my life that refuses to let me stop and listen to my heart. To make me whole.

6. Thank you Ivan. Tomas and I are trying to stop and enter the silence three times a day. We always seem to remember the middle one — right after lunch. The morning one goes right by us sometimes. If we remember the morning “stop” then we usually forget the evening time. But two out of three ain’t bad and every once in awhile, we have a day with “three stops.” Each time we come back from the silence, we marvel at how wonderful we feel. I love Gandhi’s saying: “When I am busy, I meditate an hour a day. When I am very busy,
    I meditate three hours a day.”
    Not there yet but it is a worthy goal. Many blessings,Alia