Today Is Your Day

Today is your day! Don’t let anything or anyone get in your way!

Source: Today Is Your Day

I love Dr. Seuss. I bought several of his books to take out next time and read to Jackson. We still have some at home for when he comes to visit us.

The words and how he used them always gave me pause to stop and think. Someone told me that he wrote these books to help children learn kindness to others. He was a social justice advocate who believed we had a role in helping others. That is a wonderful message for children to learn early in life.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. It is a valuable lesson and one to be encouraged from a very early age. Green Eggs and Ham popped into my head; my sons favorite.

2. We loved reading Dr Seuss when our daughter was young. Now that she’s an adult, we still recite some lines when things trigger a memory.

3. I love Dr. Seuss too. He justifies silliness and non conventional thinking.
    Leslie

4. He made learning and reading fun. So many educators forget about the fun. Learning shouldn’t be a chore, something to get out of doing…it should be fun, exciting and something to look forward to doing.

5. serendipity that was inspired
    by that very same poem today! 🙂

6. I pick up Dr. Seuss books for visiting children. Love having the excuse to read the out loud.

7. It is an amazing message and one when fully learned and it’s value when properly understood and appreciated as it is in the fullness of time, is a huge asset to all in adult life 🙂 I loved Dr Seuss’s books as a child too 😀