The Smartest Thing

Maya Angelou is a wonderful poet and writer. Her quotes are gentle reminders of what should be important in life. This one asks me to stop and be present in this moment. It is the most important moment I have, because it is the only moment I can live in fully.

Positive Outlooks Blog

If you must look back, do so forgivingly. If you will look forward, do so prayerfully. But the wisest course would be to be present in the present gratefully.  Maya Angelou

maya

View original post

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. The moment is the only place to live!

2. I have nominated you for a bouquet of awards worth seeing. Follow this link.

3. Dear Ivon,
    This is to tell you what an inspiration your blog has been to me. I am nominating you for “The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” Please go to my blog talesalongtheway.com/nominating four very inspiring blogger awards/ for the details. It will be posted as soon as I notify my four nominees. . I hope you will accept and continue to inspire all who read your blog.
    Smiles. . . . .namaste. . . Anne

4. Oh to be always in the moment. Especially when there’s work that needs done. 🙂

5. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

Wise words of wisdom indeed.
    I try to live in the Moment myself. Not always easy, but it’s a darn sight better that living in the past.

6. I like Maya Angelou and am glad that she was an Ohioan for awhile, she spoke up in Oberlin at the University and I think has family in Lorain. I am from that “neck of the woods.” Was she the Poet Laureate for Bill Clinton? Just amazing woman, like you said, gentle words and great reminders.

7. I must say that it is easier said than done because our present constitutes a bit of the past and a tad bit of the future- ah- maybe it’s all in the mind..thanks..