mermaid lessons

The suggestions in the post i.e. cultivating beauty and joy, playing, filling your sails with dreams, and feeding your soul with what enchants you are worth meditating over each day. What do they mean in our living?

Sirena Tales

Feed your soul with what enchants you

image

Bask

Sculpture: Michael Buonaiuto

Rough seas will pass

~~Ebb~~~ and~~ flow~~~~

photo-16

Cultivate beauty and joy

Dive deeply: ’tis where the richest treasures lie

image

Play

IMG_0230

Your heart is your true compass: listen

IMG_0191

Fill your sails with your dreams

and

Venture forth on your life’s vast seas of possibility

IMG_0357

Be intrepid in your quest

LOVE

IMG_0320

View original post

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Dear Ivon, Methinks you are a mindreader or an angel (or both), in addition to being a very compassionate and generous soul. I was just sitting here at my computer, eager to write a post, and wondering whether I should bother. And then the reblog icon came on. Thank you more than I can say for your wonderful support, for showing up in my life when I need it–again and again and again. May your new year, including your graduate studies, enchant you. xoxo

2. Intrepidness is a requisite.

3. Dive deeply, tis where the deepest treasures lie – oh so very true.

4. Keep Love in your heart.

5. Love this Ivan! Especially “Bask — rough seas will pass — ebb and flow.” Mantras to live and expand by. Thank you ♥

6. I liked this a lot, probably because I am part mermaid. Sh-h-h! Most people don’t know.

7. You have been nominated for One Lovely Blog Award! Congratulations!
    If you want to accept here is what you need to do: https://aquacompass7.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/i-was-nominated-for-an-award/.
    If you do not want it, please ignore this message and have a merry Christmas! 🙂

あなたは「One Lovely Blog Award」を指名されました。
    おめでとうございます。
    もしあなたが受賞を望むなら、何が必要かをここで見てください。
    もしあなたが望まないなら、このメッセージを無視してください。
    私は海外だけでなく日本(wordpress内)でもこの賞を広めたら良いと思います。

8. How I liked that first line: Feed your soul with what enchants you. We need to do that more often – on a daily basis. Then our soul will shine to brighten others’ pathways as well.