* My Words for 2017

It will be a time of change. Life is unfolding along an unexpected and uneasy path, with so much outside of our control. When moving into the unknown, it is helpful to sit and pause and listen to o…

Source: * My Words for 2017

Be ready to be fierce.

Be ready to be kind.

Those words sound paradoxical, but to be kind one has to be fierce in our kindness to others. We must want to be kind in the way others have set an example for us.

It is like being radical, which takes us back to our roots. In French, roots is racine and it connected to being radical. If our roots are strong and give us strength to act and speak out against the wrongs others do to the world and people, we can stand and shelter those who need it.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Or we can be strong and stand together to shelter all of us…fiercely and kindly, Ivon. πŸ˜‰ xoM

2. Fierce and kind. I like that. Stalwart and considerate also comes to mind.

3. Fierce kindness. I love it❀️

4. Thank you Ivan for standing in this radical kind place πŸ’›

5. I love the idea of ‘fierce kindness.’ I believe it’s more realistic for those of us who have a passion for existence and are incensed by injustice.

6. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN OF COMPASSION AND CARING ADVOCACY! πŸ™‚

7. (Art)iculate Culture

I absolutely love everything this blog is about- from its title to the humble givings of every single post. I aspire to transform with my teaching too. Thank you so much for your words and I wish you all the best!