Success Quote – Apr. 24, 2018

I enjoy Kahil Gibran’s quotes. Long before we had words and phrases like mind set and frame of mind, he spoke about these things as part of how we might greet each day and live life to the fullest. It is essential to be in the present moment.

Goal Habits.com

“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”
—Kahlil Gibran

________________________

Enjoy today.
Achieve today.
Tomorrow is promised to no one!

original graphic credit: unknown

View original post

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and taught for 15 years in a wonderful hybrid school. My dissertation topic and research were how certain teachers experience becoming who teachers. In teaching and leanring, I am a boundary-crosser who understands moving ahead is a leap of faith. Teaching is a calling and vocation to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what calls me next. I am an educator, phenomenologist, scholar, boundary-crosser, published poet, author, parent, grandparent, and spouse.

1. A great write; an equally great idea. Thanks for sharing.

2. So true but so easy to forget. Thanks for the reminder Ivon.

3. The purveyors of the Universal Wisdom bless us with their timeless presence. Thanks for sharing.

4. The sentiment is a gentle reminder for those tired and weakened by the eternal struggle. If I had time I would study why there are days of sturdy clarity and those of inability to rise to the challenges of the day. Personally, I have lived much of my life through mantras of the purveyors of positive attitude. I truly believe that we have much power in convincing ourselves to “carpe diem”.

Thank you Ivon for the reminder.

• You are welcome George. I have faith we learn more from the inability to rise to the challenges.

• Is that Stoicism? I have been reading about the obstacle being the path recently. Or more Buddhism of the enjoyment of the suffering?

• There is a little bit of both. I find Stoicism and Zen Buddhism, in this case Alan Watts, overlap in many ways. Watts was a significant interpreter of Zen philosophy and wrote about the beauty of uncertainty. I also find overlaps with Taoist philosophy.

5. Pingback: Success Quote – Apr. 24, 2018 | By the Mighty Mumford

6. Words to live by. Thank you!!

7. This is the best thing I’ve ever read ♥