Pensive Pirate

For me, creativity and energy emerge in quiet moments. Kathy took this picture in Glacier National Park. I paused to scribble. We only saw a handful of people on the walk in and out.  For me, Nature gives me room breath and refresh.

Pausing, reflecting

Fortifying one’s spirit

Soaking in Nature.

Even though I enjoy quiet and solitude in Nature, I am drawn to its loudness. I love waterfalls, their power and what is not readily visible remind how much of life is a mystery. Whenever we travel, we stop and hike into various waterfalls. What is ironic is I have a fear of heights, which limits my ability to get close. On the other hand, Kathy is part mountain goat, so we get wonderful pictures.

Now and then, I get a chance to get closer and, on this trip, Cameron Falls offered me an opportunity to do just that.

In Waterton Lakes National Parks, I had to keep my distance as the drop off on the overview was too much for me. The result is an overload that drains me of energy. This is a view of Blakiston Falls, which are bridal falls. In case there is any doubt, Kathy took the picture. Below, I express gratitude to see through another’s eyes.

Revealing beauty

Viewing through another’s eyes

Nature’s abundance.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and taught for 15 years in a wonderful hybrid school. My dissertation topic and research were how certain teachers experience becoming who teachers. In teaching and leanring, I am a boundary-crosser who understands moving ahead is a leap of faith. Teaching is a calling and vocation to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what calls me next. I am an educator, phenomenologist, scholar, boundary-crosser, published poet, author, parent, grandparent, and spouse.

1. Thanks for sharing Smile It is a great day

*ROY FANTHOME*

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 7:08 AM Teacher as Transformer wrote:

> ivonprefontaine posted: “For me, creativity and energy emerge in quiet > moments. Kathy took this picture at Kootenai Lake in Glacier National Park. > I paused to scribble. We only saw a handful of people on the walk in and > out. For me, Nature gives me room breath and refresh. ” >

2. nature’s abundance indeed. thank you for gifting us with these pictures. words can hardly explain the beauty, the immensity, the mystery that nature has in store for us.

3. There’s nothing quite like the comfort of Nature. My daily rides in the country always lead me to places of beauty. I have to be free.

4. Interesting you have acrophobia. I get vertigo in places with radical dropoffs. It doesn’t disable me, nor does it stop me from going right back to those same places! But it is freaky. It’s great that Kathy can take those photographs and you can enjoy them!💜

5. Beautiful pictures! I appreciate your honesty about heights. I experience the same feelings. It’s interesting that you stop to take notes. I’ve wanted to to that…yet I find it distracting and then “write in my heart” the beauty and appreciation of the moment. Hats off to you for being present enough to capture in writing, what you are observing, sensing or feeling. Nice post, Ivon.

6. Thanks for sharing those precious moments of calm and peace. Nature is the messenger of love and peaceful sounds. I feel in total communion with nature just by sitting on my deck and watching the trees sway back and forth. Never been on the trails you describe but they must be so inspiring. Peace be with you and stay safe out there my friend.

• Thank you for all the reblogs Jonathan. Take care and stay well.

• Your posts encourage thought! We’re hanging in there—is Canada gripped in the Covid 19 crisis much?

• It depend on where we live. In Alberta, we are not so much, but Ontario and Quebec much more so. We have a lot more land mass, so it is more regional. I don’t know if that is the case in the UK.

• The U,K. IS INDEED SMALLER WITH MORE PEOPLE PER ACRE…OR HECTARE!

• The hardest areas in Canada have been its four biggest cities: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary. Today, the Premier of Alberta announced Calgary would open up more gradually than Edmonton where I live. Southern Alberta has about 75% of the cases.

• Aye-yup…where more people are concentrated. We’re beginning to have protests in certain areas of folks who don’t want to wait to reopen. any of this in Canada?

• There is not much of that. I see a bit on social media. It is certainly not as prevalent as in parts of the US. I think some of it is based on the fact we have politicians, medical experts, and scientists leading the way. As well, we do not have a polarized media, per se, with a left wing and right wing media outlets operating to amplify particular viewpoints. Some of this media exists, but it is on the periphery. I think people are antsy, wanting to get out, but we do get out. For example, I walk almost every day in the neighbourhood, go shopping, and run errands, so I get out.

• TOUCHE’ WELL-SPOKEN—I SEE YOUR POINT!

7. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    SMILES AND PEACEFUL FEELINGS ALL AROUND-!

8. Creativity can be a creeper or an invader pick your choice 😉