I write about reciprocity in community which I find is just as real, albeit different in the digital world, when I get a chance. I appreciate those who follow, comment, and share their lives in small ways each day. Please take a few minutes and visit the links below.
I am behind acknowledging nominations for One Lovely blog Awards I recently received. I apologize for the way I am doing this, but since returning to school and with other things on my plate time is at a premium.
I would ask those who follow my blog to take a few minutes and check out these wonderful sites. They are great examples of well-done and eclectic blogs. I begin by thanking those who nominated me: Cimplicity Rocks, Mishmash, Nizy’s Life Compendium, and Poetry Blog of Mine.
The rules for the award are straightforward and I believe help us create a virtual community.
1. Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
I take this time to thank these lovely bloggers, Cimplicity Rocks, Mishmash, Nizy’s Life Compendium, and Poetry Blog of Mine, for honouring me with the nominations. It is deeply appreciated and I am grateful for the wonderful examples of the ways social media are used for in today’s world and make it better; one post at a time.
2. Describe 7 things about yourself.
- I was born and raised in Western Canada and am a life-long Albertan and British Columbian.
- My family traces its Canadian genealogy for over 20 generations.
- The first descendant we traced in my Dad’s family was a master barrel maker and member of the local militia in what is now Quebec City.
- I coached ice hockey for almost 35 years.
- Kathy and I met in a bar in Prince George BC.
- I might be related to Steve Prefontaine who was an American distance runner at the 1972 Olympics. We still do not know what connections there might be.
- I played goal in hockey which many people say explains my eccentric nature.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Katz Ideas (I nominated Kate before, but she only had a few followers. Take a moment and visit her site. It is a wonderful place of poetry and words.)
What I see, what I feel, what I’d like to see… (I know long title, but worth a visit with Todd)
Simple. Interesting (Cristi shares great images and his love of Bon Jovi music)
Deep and Wonderful Thoughts (Lisa shares a wonderful, deeply spiritual view of the world)
New Providence Daily Photo (Josy shares images around her local community in New Jersey
PositiveBoomer (Renée shares quotes, poems, and health advice)
Pieces (Neeraj is a wonderful poet with an occasional and quirky sense of humour
GC Himani (GC contributes to the world by paying forward to our children with inspirational quotes)
The World Through Rum Eyes (The author seeks beauty and shares it through his pictures)
Grandmother Musings (This grandmother shares her little slices of wisdom gleaned in her life)
Tiny Lessons Blog (A multi-faceted person who shares their multi-faceted experiences)
C’est La Vie Annie (Annie shares a life with worth living through words and images)
The Future is Papier Mache (Richard is a photographer and artist who shares life he comes across)
Ooggetuige (Willem shares his photos which is his creative gift)
Watchoot (A site with wonderful pictures and some descriptive text)
Merlin Spielen (Stephen is a playful wizard hence the name of his blog)
Violet Gallery (A gifted artist who shares the gift with us)
The World According to Dina (Dina is a wonderful photographer who shares the northern hemisphere with me)
Rendezvous with Renée (Renée writes in a variety of forms and would love to hear from more of you)
4. Include the blog award image in your post.
There are two of them, so take a pick.