harvesting happiness

It is in the ordinary we find the extraordinary – Thich Nhat Hanh

Sirena Tales

image

“Happiness is the harvest of a quiet eye.”–Austin O’Malley

Special thanks to our deliriously happy chipmunk visitor

and

Wishes of joy to all!

View original post

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Catherine Johnson

Cute!

2. Wow, Ivon. Thank you so much for reblogging…and for commenting with the lovely and wise Thich Nhat Hanh quote. Yes, finding the extraordinary in the ordinary! Peace to you

3. That’s too adorable Ivon! Loved it!

4. O how good to be reminded the gloriousness of the ordinary. Thank-you for sharing such a poem.

5. Lovely post Ivon, from the title ‘harvesting happiness’ to the last words by Thich Nhat Hahn

6. Aye, the ordinary becomes the extraordinary for the attentive individual.

7. Good to be reminded of the important things in life. One of the benefits of growing older is that just about everything seems extraordinary. It is only a matter of paying attention and being still.

8. Your comment quoted is really very appropriate.