Art’s nature versus “real” nature

Art’s nature versus “real” nature.

The beauty and perfection of Nature is in its imperfection. It is asymmetrical. Alfred North Whitehead and Albert Einstein suggested whatever we needed to find was in Nature.

Nature has ways of speaking to us and revealing itself when we are present and attentive. Being awake means encountering Nature as part of it rather than outside of it as virtual observers. When we open up all our senses Nature reveals herself readily.

It is in the ordinary we find the extraordinary. Art is a way of expressing Nature through the sensuousness we feel. When I look at art, it is the less than perfect representation that attracts. There is something in the asymmetry that pulls me deeper into my relationship with the world.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. What a great and powerful post my friend ! A real hymn to Nature and its unparalleled potentiality …

2. Does it not strike you, that the farther we venture into a wilderness, the less “I”,(ego) we need or use.

Some of mans ailments, mental ailments do not exist in pure nature, like PTSD.

In nature you are quick or lunch, a therapist is not needed.

Awareness is a vital part of survival.

As we gather into cities we lose the connection.

• You are right. I think what might happen is our senses heighten and we become part of what we are. In a class last year, I told the group when I get out of the car on my road trips in the mountains I know I am part of nature and am more aware and observant.

3. Last week, during a school meeting we were asked “how do we teach students the beauty which is true and good?”…I could only come up with this answer: “nature”.
    Foxelle

4. The sentiment of being in nature, awake, as part of it resonates with me strongly. Thanks for sharing.

5. I am tagging you with a recognition tag:
    Thank you for you blog.
    I appreciate and enjoy it.

6. This resonates so much Ivon. Thank you!