Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. |Rumi .

Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. |Rumi ..

I love Sufi poetry. It resonates over the centuries and carries a gentle and peaceful message reminding us of what it means to live in community.

Rumi provides us with sound advice. It is the gentle rain and voice that carries the fullest message. In the mystery and mysticism, we find our way along the path we live. We grow ever more mindful and attentive to each step taken and our senses come alive.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Reblogged this on idealisticrebel and commented:
    So do I. My religion is love.

2. A beautiful reminder to be kind and walk gently on this earth. 🙂

3. Jackie Saulmon Ramirez

Nurture not crush. 🙂

4. I love Rumi, too. Ziggy Marley has a song “Love is My Religion.”

5. I was born Thunder. But I’ve found that sometimes Thunder can make people sit up and take notice, so that when the soft and gentle rain begins, they will welcome it. We all have our place and a job to do. Thunder is music from the sky, or as my mom used to tell me…angels bowling:) Either way, all things are necessary, one is not necessary better than the other. We are who we are and I’m grateful for that.

• I was born thunder, as well. I am big and loud. People who know me well suggest that it is when I am quiet that I should be asked questions. Thunder and rain intertwine as part of the process of rejuvenation.

6. It is pleasant, informative, and mysterious…Simply great blog. Thank you.