Dear Universe

Dear Universe.

When you go to the linked article, you will see it is dated. However, it is not dated in that it carries a timeless message that we are able to share each day.

Kathy and I were blessed with our first grandchild in April, 2014. He is beginning to walk and his reach in the world is growing.

Similar to Mimi, new questions arise as we enter into a relationship like grandparents. We become elders and see the world through a new lens. When I spend time with our grandson, I do not feel rushed like I did at times when I was a parent with young children. I enjoy his laughter, when he plays with the little boy in the mirror, and as he snuggles and falls asleep in my arms.

I wish for a better world for all our grandchildren and children. One where we see each other in our human being and human becoming.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Nice to hear about grandchild, I have a 14 month old grandson. Micah is the light and life of our lives, although it sounds cliche, it isn’t. We can hope that parents are conscious enough to raise this generation well, despite the world around them, and as part of it. Sheila
    sheilaklewis@gmail.com

2. Being a grandparent, not only is a great blessing it is a tremendous investment in the future. Enjoy your children and your grandchildren.
    Leslie

3. My dad had less time with me than he’s with my son and his grandchildren. He had more time with my youngest brother too. And now I find myself with little time for my own son but maybe one day his children will have more of me.

4. I love Mimi! And I agree with you wholeheartedly.

5. It’s wonderful to watch, from a less stressed view point now, the tremendous curiosity and joy of discovery in our grand kids! Nice to hear you too now have one who can amaze you and Kathy.

6. may they resiliently
    live in a world
    of peace & harmony!

7. It was lovely to hear a post celebrating being a grandparent.

8. I delight in reading about the arrival of your grandchild and the treasured moments you spend together. Thank you for re-posting this, but thank you even more for sharing your warmth and ompassionate wishes for our future generations..

9. The people of our universe would do well to listen to Mimi’s words.

10. ‘Our human being and human becoming’ – if only we could keep our gaze and intention on these growth points.

11. We have four grandkids and each of them have brought joy to our lives in new ways different than our own children. It is absolutely great to be a parent and very special to be a grandparent!

12. Congrats, Ivon. Nice welcome to this little one.

13. Congratulations. Very Nice to hear and I could imagine your pleasure of being Grandparent. It is really Celebration as Grandparent.
    Wishing the Child’s coming days be filled with SUNSHINE, SMILES, LAUGHTER AND LOVE.
    BLESSINGS to too.