Mindfulness

This is a great and concise description of what mindfulness is. I love the Mark Twain quote about half way in the article. Despite the simplicity of the article mindfulness is challenging. It is a practice because it takes practice.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Mindfulness is a concept from many spiritual paths. This is a good explanation. Hugs, Barbara

2. Yea. Mindfulness help. My dear friend is being scared by her ex-client until she lives in fearfulness. Upon checking the truth, it’s not the way her ex-client described. Some people can be very cruel.

3. Thanks for passing this one along.

4. Wow, love his depth and description of thought, almost nothing.

We can add emotion along with that thought, they are connected.

We need to be like a mirror, shed desire and judgment quickly, then

5. As Mark Twain so aptly put it,
    “Some of the worst things in my life never happened.”

That would mean all the worry, the future predictions of gloom and doom were invisible, invented, air.
    Look at the time we invest in doubt, worry, delusional fear fuelled by thoughts and attached emotions.
    We fear what we predict and avoid the consequences as they are real.
    How much of life is wasted on this?.

6. The Mark Twain quote is right on.