Be Kind Whenever Possible

In the midst of living life, be KIND. If life is one of success, be kind and show others the way. If there is joy, lift others up and be kind. If there is a setback, be kind. This moment sha…

Source: Be Kind Whenever Possible

The post linked provides a short list of what benefits we accrue when we are kind and two quotes that support the personal need to be kind. As challenging as it is sometimes, being kind is essential to our personal well-being. We feel better when we are kind to others. When we smile, we share what is good in our life with them and acknowledge them as a person.

The Dalai Lama said to be kind when it is possible and it is always possible. Kahlil Gibran counselled kindness is a manifestation of strength and resolve. When we are kind to others, we are mindful and present to them and their needs in that moment and act towards them in an uplifting manner.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Great thoughts. Kindness surely helps our inner selves and leads to happiness. Our gentle smile can lit up someones dark moment. Lovely ideas for the rewards of kindness. Thanks for the uplifting post. Take care and God bless.

2. Thank you for the pingback and your thoughts.

3. aloha Ivon. it seems to me being kind is easier than being unkind. being unkind means living in fear. what’s so hard about smiling too? these things are not difficult. living in fear is difficult. living in kindness is the opposite of living in fear.

• Aloha Rick. Actually, it takes fewer facial muscles to smile than frown. It would seem to be easier. You are right Rick. Living in fear is difficult. We are always looking for the enemy and a place to high.

4. Spreading Kindness is my main goal in life. Just a couple days ago my evening Facebook thought was the one from Dalai Lama. Kindness is always possible.

5. A Great philosophy to live by.
    Hugs

6. A suggestion that not only could enrich the whole person but all of society.
    Thank you for this wonderful post Ivon

7. The power of kindness unbelievable. It’s a gift. So is smiling. Would that everyone knew.

8. This was a refreshing piece amid all of the hatred nowadays.