Searching For Home

Today, is a cold and miserable day. It actually began yesterday, which is ironic. It was the first day after summer solstice. Summer does not feel like it is here. It has been a bumpy spring with warm and cooler days mixed together.

It has been a few days since I wrote a poem, so I wrote based on today’s non-seasonal weather. It is like the weather is looking for a home and cannot figure out where it is.

Summer fights to arrive,

A day after the solstice,

Winds feel glacial,

Marching coldly down upon us.

The wind wails her sad song,

A lost banshee,

Keening as she searches,

Not feeling at home in early summer.

Although this picture is a few weeks old, the day it was taken it was cold, windy, and rainy. It feels much like that again. The steel-grey skies in the background are like what we have today.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. beautiful picture,
    greetings from me

2. I’m sorry Ivon but I think we must have borrowed your good weather. Great news for you though, today has been cooler with some rain so it looks like your Sun is on it’s way back to you. Enjoy.
    Hugs

3. All I could think of as I read your post is that we must be neighbors. Lol. A long winter this year and summer has had a hard time finding its way.

4. Bbrrrr … reminds me of when I was in Scotland on a similar latitude…. enjoy the sun burst moments of warmth that will undoubtedly appear and warm your heart ❤️

5. 98 gracious scapegoat

It’s my a/c. They put freon in there and you have to go outside to warm up now. If you see a shivering igloo wearing gloves and chattering hellllllooooo, stop in. Or knock. I’ll come out.

6. Same here in Montreal. Rain, rain and again rain. Not a very nice summer this year.

7. And we are having a heatwave in SE England. The hottest June since 1976. I hope weather is kinder soon.

8. In England our heatwave has blown away into a bleak wind. It’s almost as if all the seasons have been shaken up together in a jar and are breaking free every which way. A very dramatic photo, Ivan.

9. enjoy the sun burst moments of warmth that will undoubtedly appear and warm your heart ❤️ Lol. A long winter this year and summer has had a hard time finding its way.

10. We’re having similar weather here on the east coast of Canada. Soon…

11. It is 28 C today and on Wednesday the forecast is for about 17 C. enjoy the sun burst moments of warmth that will undoubtedly appear and warm your heart ❤️ Lol. A long winter this year and summer has had a hard time finding its way.