The Road Less Travelled….

The Road Less Travelled…..

“Once suffering is completely accepted, it ceases in a sense to be suffering” M. Scott Peck

The link provides a short summary of Peck’s wonderful work in “The Road Less Traveled.” His thinking ranks with James Hillman in examining spiritual growth as an essential aspect of living. Living is the continuous unfolding of character, who we are, and it is not predictable hence a title similar to Robert Frost’s The Road not Taken.

Life is not easy, although at times it can be. It is always about accepting responsibility for decisions we make as adults. Taking time and pausing at the junctions of decisions requires discipline and mindfulness that many struggle to find in a busy world. In those moments, when we pause, listen closely to our spirit, we build new disciplines that help us overcome the busyness to some extent. It is not perfect, but it is in imperfections we travel the road less traveled.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Great Post – One question – Are you receiving my comments? I haven’t see you like my pages? Is this a technical issue with WP?

2. So many thoughts have been generated in my mind by the simple line “it is in imperfections we travel the road less traveled”. Thank you, Ivon, for opening my mind today.

3. Beautiful, I really like what you’ve said here. And precisely, living in a busy world is what’s so challenging.

4. One of the great books of my spiritual path.

5. Thank you so much for the ping back, and mention. I appreciate it. I loved this book and it gave me motivation to accept life in all it’s forms.
    Karen

6. Acceptance can sometimes be so difficult, but it is so important.

7. Very wise words! Thanks for the share 🙂

8. Taking time and pausing at the junctions of decisions requires discipline and mindfulness that many struggle to find in a busy world.

Is this a starting point for our mindfulness journey.

Is it possible to be mindful, to live mindfully before that pause?

For me the transitions are not special anymore but part of the fabric of the whole mindful journey.

Each action offers us a mindful challenge to be aware of before we pause.

Can life flow seamlessly like this at times?

9. So does that mean we have to grow up?