If you want to write or paint,then do it !

If you want to write or paint,then do it !.

As I get ready for a Sabbath break this week, I am also shifting my focus a bit. I found this post the other day and was not sure what it meant at the time. Today, it is suggesting more focus on dissertation writing and less on blogging.

I will visit blogs and post less in the next month . I want to deliver a clean, preliminary writing of the first three chapters by January 20. I am re-organizing more than writing fresh.

Thoreau‘s quote speaks to me. The world is a canvas and I am exploring them both. My topic is the phenomenology of teaching and how becoming a particular teacher is a continuing process. Phenomenology is wondering about phenomena we encounter, including ourselves and other humans, and how we experience encounters.

Parker Palmer suggests truth, from the word troth, reveals itself through living in the world, relating to its sentient and non-sentient beings.

I am a retired educator who recently completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. My dissertation topic and research was how teachers experience becoming who they are as teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. Go in peace. Enjoy your writings.

2. Good luck on your break to get more writing done. I have about 2/3 of a doctorate but mostly took the classes for my own growth and to make me a better teacher. I never went for the degree.
    The class I’m taking this next semester is photography!

3. Best wishes for the new direction! ~Dennis

4. Phenomenology is wondering about phenomena we encounter,

From what I have read on your blog phenomena deals with awareness or now, this present moment.

It is what our senses are encountering at any given moment.

And it reveals itself in living in that moment,mthe world

Good luck on the writing

5. Right on, write on! Best wishes, Ivon. xo

6. I hope your break is a productive one.

7. Best Wishes, sir.
    After break, I hope, having attained more vigor you give us valuable posts.too.

8. Yes, that’s right and we all need that reminder at times.

9. Best wishes for your admirable pursuit. In my 33 years in the classroom I grew more and more impressed with what the kids taught me. They have a very clear sense of right and wrong and of simple sensible fair play. I learned not to be dismissive of the views of teenagers.

10. Have a god break friend. I too need to do more writing and spend less time online 🙂

11. Mine is not a change of focus but a decision in regard to continuing in the path I have set for myself. Shall I acknowledge my age and do what is generally referred to as “slowing down” or shall I continue to do all that I can as long as I can? I shall miss you but certainly wish you well not only for what you learn as you continue in your chosen path, but what that path will mean to those for whom you serve as teacher.