The Mountain Reveals Herself

One of the wonders of driving from Edmonton to Prince George is passing Mount Robson. For many years, we drove past it several times a year, hoping to catch a glimpse of the peak. On many days, clouds cover its peak entirely or in part.

Robson is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies and the Fraser River headwaters the are in the provincial park bearing its name. We have walked along Robson River a ways, but the path goes for about 19 kilometres to a lake fed directly by a glacier.

An azure ceiling shines above,

Shimmering white lace spreads to meet it,

Rippling up from a white jacket;

A snowy zipper on a granite skirt;

Standing on guard below,

Silently an entourage of green warriors.

Gazing upwards,

Discovering her nobility and splendour,

She majestically reveals her grandeur–

To us mere mortals.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. What beauty and majesty.

2. Mount Robson is stunning, enjoyed your post, Ivon.

3. Loved your poetic words describing encountering Mt. Robson in clear view. Stunning image. ❤

4. How very beautiful, Ivon; it makes one take a deep breath!

5. That’s a beautiful photo and a wonderful description of that clear-day feeling. I lived in Seattle for a little over 3 years and Mt Rainier seemed to choose what days it would share its majesty with us mere mortals.

• It is that way with many of the many higher peaks. The mountains around Portland are like that. I have spent more time in that area than around Seattle. I think the best view I had of Mt. Rainier was on the ferry between Bainsbridge and Seattle.

6. I would love to go to the Rockies one day. Beautiful words penned here xx

7. Wonderful poem and picture!