David nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Thank you to David at Lead. Learn. Live for acknowledging my blog. I enjoy his sense of humour and advice he shares.
This morning, when I got in the car The Sound of Sunshine was playing (Michael Franti is a wonderful singer/songwriter) and I felt energized. Just like a good song, I receive a gift each day from blogs I follow.
Here are seven facts about me.
(1) I’m a terrible swimmer (I stole this from David. Swimming is an alternative to drowning for me).
(2) My favourite breakfast as a hockey player was warm beer and cold pizza.
(3) I am a goalie in hockey which explains some of my quirky behaviour.
(4) I watch Simpson reruns and learn something new each time.
(5) Teaching is my second career.
(6) I was a banker in my first career.
(7) Kathy and I met in Prince George BC, but were born in Alberta. We moved to find each other.
I mentioned I struggle with this rule on an earlier post. I follow amazing blogs and feel I am leaving someone out. I nominate the following for One Lovely Blog Award.
- Gary at Gary Runn (spirituality and leadership)
- Matilda at Arts of Matilda (crazy artist)
- Monikah at The Life of Photos (photographer who lives life fully)
- Sean at Sometimes Nothing (a writer rekindling passion for writing)
- Justin at Walk and Talk (young student sharing a world of pictures)
- Susan at Writing Glimmers (writer, student, parent)
- Kolby at Kolby Skidmore/Photography (innovative young photographer)
- William at Stadler Style (writer sharing ideas)
- Ms. Hyland at Ordinary Days (teacher, student sharing her journey)
- Merlin atMerlin Spielen (poetry and photography)
To accept the award, the rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award image to your page. (Here’s the Link)
- Tell seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 other blogs
- Let them know they are nominated