This is a poetic and spiritually uplifting way of understanding. Rules should be big enough to guide us and small enough to shelter us. There is room in these rules to create the spaciousness.
Life is a struggle.
Remembering 7 principles gives strength.
1. In generosity and helping others be like a river.
2. In compassion and grace be like the sun.
3. In concealing others’ faults be like the night.
4. In anger and fury be like the dead.
5. In modesty and humility be like earth.
6. In tolerance be like the sea.
7. Either appear as you are or be as you look.
Value has a value only if its value is valued.