Falling In Mutual Weirdness

We are on the road today, but Russ posted this yesterday and I enjoy a good Dr. Seuss quote. They get my engine stoked for the day and I am a little weird. We should all be weird and fall in love with our weirdness.

Russ Towne's A Grateful Man

548900_658041784213094_1253480793_n (John Edwards Photo)

Genius!

Love,
Russ

View original post

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and taught for 15 years in a wonderful hybrid school. My dissertation topic and research were how certain teachers experience becoming who teachers. In teaching and leanring, I am a boundary-crosser who understands moving ahead is a leap of faith. Teaching is a calling and vocation to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what calls me next. I am an educator, phenomenologist, scholar, boundary-crosser, published poet, author, parent, grandparent, and spouse.

1. Have a wonderful weekend!

2. Drive carefully my friend, when you stoke your engine watch out for speed traps. 🙂 and remember if you give everything else away, always keep your sense of humor. Also as my elders always said “Once a teacher, always a teacher”! God Bless!

3. Thoughts from Ruth and Ray: Mutual Weirdness is a great thing. Have a restful weekend.

4. Thanks for liking my most recent musing.

I am Seuss-nik. He grew up in “The House on Mulberry Street”, directly behind my high school. He was a straight ‘C’ student through high school (I’ve witnessed the records) ~ which keeps me laughing through the years I’ve raised my own and their friends in my home. It was the ’30s. Creatives have always been stifled within the institutions.

• Bureaucrats do not like creatives, but the world does. Thank you for stopping and commenting Moira. I look forward to following your blog about the enigmas of life and its stories.

Take care.

5. victoriaaphotography

Don’t know about weird, but I have been called Eccentric in my time.
    Is that along similar lines?

6. Thank you for spreading the word about weirdness, My friend. It’ll be a better world when being wonderfully weird is an acceptable way of life. ;-D!
    Russ

7. So true- our weirdness and our normal self is what makes us whole- after all aren’t we not in the pursuit of wholeness- ???

8. Sending photos from my son’s program graduation banquet through cyber-space this morning. Talk about some bliss in individualized intentions ! It’s been a long and rewarding trip with his new IB program for five years. So proud of these kids who made it through. Eloquent speakers, funny, dedicated, fabulously inquisitive.

To educators, everywhere, a toast to your efforts.

9. A little weird – yes, I’ll go with that. It’s this determination to be thought ‘normal’ that annoys me. So unimaginative. And what is normal anyway?
    Mildly eccentric, I think is probabably my favourite but a little weird is fine.