The Coffee Shop

I spend time in the local coffee shops, read, and write. I did a lot of my blogging in that venue; however this summer I rearranged my schedule and blog at home. I notice a gentle energy in these settings and in a busy world it is a place to take time and just be.

The coffee shop;

Misnamed I think–

I sip tea

I try just be present.

We gather;

It is about talk–

A communal space,

Congregate and converse.

Companionship’s richness;

Found in quality

I cannot assign a number

It is a fool’s errand.

It is in laughter,

The reminiscing,

The sharing,

We find ourselves.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and spent the last 14 years teaching in an incrediable hybrid school setting. My dissertation topic and research were how teachers experience becoming who teachers, as human subjects. For me, teaching is a calling and vocation that allows me to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what will call me. We have begun a small consulting and leadership firm called Rocky River Leadership & Consulting Ltd.

1. About the “misname” – I also always say “Let’s go have coffee”, but I actually drink tea šŸ™‚

2. I’m much more of a loner than you, plus I get distracted with so much going on around me. I’m jealous!

3. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography)

I like to think I’m at home wherever I find myself, but the truth is that I find only at home in the stillness of my flat, that I can write, think & be truly creative.

4. Awesome! When are we meeting again, at the Coffee Shop? šŸ™‚ Missed and thought a considerable amount about both you and Ruth again this week, šŸ™‚ especially at this particular time of the year ~ but neither of you missed much ā€¦. the kids sure will ….

5. “It is in the laughter/The reminiscing/The sharing/We find ourselves” – this just feels as beautiful to me as it is true.

6. The idea of meeting friends at a coffee shop sounds so exciting. Every time I plan to go to a coffee shop and have a hot cup of coffee, I land up ordering an iced tea or a cold coffee!!! Weird, I know. But, that’s how it is, always.

On a serious note: I enjoyed reading this poem – i could visualize things happening.