We Prepare for the Messiah

I leave you with this and hope, whatever your faith and beliefs are, you enjoy your holiday at or close to this time of the year. Take care, enjoy those closest to you, and together we make the world a better place.

O Wisdom,
O holy Word of God,
you govern all creation with your strong yet tender care:
Come.

O Sacred Lord of ancient Israel,
you showed yourself to Moses in the burning bush
and you gave the holy law on Mount Sinai:
Come.

O Flower of Jesse’s stem,
you have been raised up as a sign for all people;
kings stand silent in your presence;
the nations bow down in worship before you:
Come.

O Key of David, O royal Power of Israel,
you [not the systems of this world] control

at your will the gate of heaven:
Come break down the prison walls of death.

O Radiant Dawn,
splendor of eternal light, sun of justice:
Come shine on those who dwell in darkness

and the shadow of death.

O, King of all the nations,
the only joy of every human heart;
O Keystone of the mighty arch of humankind:
Come and save these creatures you fashioned from the dust.

O, Emmanuel,
God-With-Us, king and lawgiver,
desire of the nations, Savior of all people:
Come and set us free. d
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.”

Amen.

Father Richard Rohr is a leading ecumenical teacher who transcends religious and spiritual boundaries.

Stay human my friends.

I completed a PhD at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Previously, I taught for 20 years and taught for 15 years in a wonderful hybrid school. My dissertation topic and research were how certain teachers experience becoming who teachers. In teaching and leanring, I am a boundary-crosser who understands moving ahead is a leap of faith. Teaching is a calling and vocation to express who I am as a person. Currently, I am waiting and listening to what calls me next. I am an educator, phenomenologist, scholar, boundary-crosser, published poet, author, parent, grandparent, and spouse.

1. Christmas, a time for paying attention to family and friends. Have a good festive time.

2. Beautiful! Thank you Ivon! God bless u!

3. LaDona's Music Studio

Beautiful. Thank you.

4. Beautiful Ivon, and happy Sabbatical from WordPress-:)

5. Excellent. Inspirational.

God is proud of His Divinity in Sri Krishna.
    Man is proud of his humanity in Sri Krishna.

6. That is beautiful, Ivon. Thanks for sharing. You have been an inspiration to me this year. I appreciate your hard work and your beautiful, kind and wise words. I hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday season. Marsha 🙂

7. There is an Online Christmas Party at Marsha Lee’s Blog! Celebrating my birthday and Christmas! Feel free to stop by and celebrate! http://tchistorygal.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/renees-online-birthday-party/
    Merry Christmas!
    Renee 🙂

8. All the best to you during this holiday season and throughout 2013!

9. A wonderful feed of bounty for my spirit and my heart! A wonderful blessing to share…i enjoyed it so very much! Thanks my friend and brother, what you always bring to us is a meal of knowledge so worthwhile! God bless!

10. Thank you for this post. I am not late in reading it, Come Lord Jesus everyday. I thank you also for the link to Father Richard Rohr.

11. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented: